December 2012, it was experienced that the whole India has joined hands against women attacks. Huge protests, new committee to rewrite laws, etc. were the hopes for the women against the fear they lived in. It was believed that there will be rapid drop in the number of rape and murder incidents against women from that moment.
From celebrities to minister, gave their quotes against any of similar incidents. But alas, it has been 18 months and such news still filling up half of the news paper space. The expectation of declination of such incident has dropped exponentially.
Every day we see news which shatters our faith in humanity again and again. The recent incident in UP when two teens were raped and hanged to be found other morning is one of the hundreds of incidents happen every day.
So how far we progressed?
The society moral has not changed yet. The culprits of such insane acts are not only the illiterate ones. Such incidents get support for some authorities like two policemen in UP rape case or leaders like Aasharam who is involved in act of insanity under their white dress. Why are we not there yet?
The security of women is threatened with every such incident and hard steps from authority can only push the psychos to step back and prevent us from such incidents.
BUT THAT IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!
Any of such criminals come from the society which we live in. Their confidence is high; they are ready to go up to any extreme; psychologically they are motivated for performing such insanity. Why?
Most likely they were not opposed when they performed their mistake for the first time or they got support from similar psycho who is already involved in such act. They need to be opposed, brought in light with their crime and punished. If they are let go, they will repeat and other life will suffer.
We have to start from home.
- Talk to your kids (boy or girl) from early age, guide them about wrong and right.
- Ask your kids to tell you if any sexual or physical assault is conducted even by any relative
- The person behind crime could be your closest relative or friend, trust your children
- If you are the victim of someone let the world know, hiding your assault will only encourage the criminal
- Such crime can happen with a girl or boy so not believing in a boy can lead to a ruined life or evolving criminal of future.
- Don’t hold to thoughts or instincts and let someone know who can deal with it maturely.
There are other preventive measure can be taken for your and others safety.
So, SPEAK UP!!! SHOUT!!! IT WILL SAVE YOU AND SAVE OTHERS!
We have to build a better India, safer India! Such a country, that makes us proud in every possible. We just don’t want to boast about our education, economy but also a safe village, a safe city and a safer country.
My other poems on Similar topic.
कह उठी एक दोस्त मेरी,रहना नहीं दिल्ली में अब!
दानवता के भय से भीगी नारी